Wednesday 13 July 2011

Victoria Baths 13/7/11

Place: Victoria Baths
Date: 13 July 2011
Hours Worked: 5 hours

We arrived again at 10 a.m. and today, Neil let us in instead of Martin. We again had coffee and tea in the cafe before we started while Neil explained to us what we would be doing that day; before lunch, hauling in the sand from outside and spreading it in the female pool, and after lunch we would do something fun like make decorations for the pool area. We then got up and got to work; Amber and I took shovels and the others along with Kofi and Sia got wheelbarrows and helped haul the sand into the pool area. We switched out several times with the other girls, Brandi and Paige mainly coming down and doing the shoveling. After all the sand was in, we spread it out a bit, then put toys in it. We finished earlier than yesterday, by about 12:30 instead of 1, so we got an hour and a half lunch break. When we returned, none of us had much to do but 3 had to mop  upstairs again and Cecilia worked on buffing the floor again so Amber and I brought her buckets of hot water. After that, we just lounged about until Martin got back with the other Ashley and Katie came with the fabrics and other materials to make kites with. We set about to that, each of us making one kite for the day then heading out about 4:30.

My feelings today were, I would say, pretty similar to yesterday. I arrived there very much tired and had the tea to wake me up, and another clementine during a self taken break, but it took a lot of energy to keep up until lunch. When I took my turn on the wheelbarrow, I was pretty apprehensive because I know I am not very strong to begin with and since I was so tired I just wasn't sure if I could do it. However, I pulled through and managed to do about 4-5 wheelbarrow loads, and even though it exhausted me, I was quite proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment